I got three $50 dollar charges to my microsoft charges that I cannot get more details on

Anonymous
2023-11-13T16:58:02+00:00

Nov 10, received four fraudulent charges of $50 dollar Microsoft Store credit charges billed to my credit card. One of them got rejected so three of them went through.

I looked on my Microsoft account and see the charges of three $50 dollar charges as Microsoft Store credit and no history showing what my own account was funded or how it was used to purchase anything. Should conclude that this is a fraudster that funded his own account.

I have a new credit card on the way now, trying to figure out how to get in contact with microsoft so I can dig deeper as to where the money went/how it was spent so we can catch this fraudster and provide supporting documents to my bank.

Tried calling support, get point to a website, tried the website, no help or details can be shared even though it's my own account. Please help me get more details.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-23T04:42:33+00:00

    Same thing just happened to me tonight. When checking emails, I saw there was six purchases from MS. Then further earlier in the day, I got an email that a Susy Foyd joined my MS Family. I have no idea what this is.

    Then my MS account made $50 purchases for gift cards 6 times. I checked with Paypal since my MS account is linked to that and it directed me back to MS. I was able to chat with someone or a bot, not sure what it is. After 15 mins, I was able to get my full refund. I see all 6 refund back into PayPal and since the money never left my bank account, all is fine. But I'll double check in on this after Thanksgiving to ensure the transaction never went through. I also canceled my bank card. Thanks alot Microsoft! Just in time for the holidays.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-23T06:47:02+00:00

    I have the same issue with six charges. Microsoft is no help. It goes in circles. The person got themselves added to my family account, did their six $50 charges, then was removed from the account, and then I got removed from my account!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-23T10:32:20+00:00

    I have the same issue as you, but I had 12 charges of $50, they all happened in the same date range as you. My guess is Microsoft themselves has been compromised yet again. They are a garbage company that makes garbage products, been that way day one. I cancelled all of my subs with them and delete my payment method. I long ago moved from Winblows, I'm done doing business with them at this point.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-23T12:28:35+00:00

    Is there seriously no one from Microsoft that can help us? Same thing happened to me except I had a linked PayPal Account. PayPal is telling me that Microsoft has to fix the issue on their end and won’t do anything. I can’t find ANY way to get Microsoft involved other than this thread of people that have the same issue. Sounds to me like this is a major hack and they are trying real hard to pretend it didn’t exist.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-23T12:37:26+00:00

    Same situation here…at 350 am I have an email someone joined my family group…then within 10 mins 5 charges were made for “credit” and then at 405 I got an email he left the family group.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments