I got three $50 dollar charges to my microsoft charges that I cannot get more details on

Anonymous
2023-11-13T16:58:02+00:00

Nov 10, received four fraudulent charges of $50 dollar Microsoft Store credit charges billed to my credit card. One of them got rejected so three of them went through.

I looked on my Microsoft account and see the charges of three $50 dollar charges as Microsoft Store credit and no history showing what my own account was funded or how it was used to purchase anything. Should conclude that this is a fraudster that funded his own account.

I have a new credit card on the way now, trying to figure out how to get in contact with microsoft so I can dig deeper as to where the money went/how it was spent so we can catch this fraudster and provide supporting documents to my bank.

Tried calling support, get point to a website, tried the website, no help or details can be shared even though it's my own account. Please help me get more details.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-22T19:54:53+00:00

    The same thing happened to me, I have 6 $50 charges. I reported the fraud to the bank and they are sending me a new card. I was looking through my emails to see if anything stood out for billing, the only thing I found was an email from Microsoft saying a "Mallory Hill" accepted my invitation and joined my Family Group, and then 6 minutes later another email saying that she left my Family Group. I don't know what a Family Group is and I never invited anyone. So I am wondering if Microsoft was hacked and they gained access to our accounts. I tried calling the Microsoft Store support line, but it was an automated message that said that they couldn't help me and to go to help.microsoft.com...but that was a waste of time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-22T20:26:33+00:00

    Same here. I got 3, $50 charges and my bank canceled my card. I got a notification that "Kayla Schmidt" joined my family account then another that she left the family account. I dont know who that is. Has anyone gotten ANY help from Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-22T20:52:37+00:00

    Not a single oz of help from anyone at Microsoft. It’s almost as if it’s a coverup. They have been hacked and don’t want it leaked or something. The fact you can hardly get someone on the phone and when u do, the send u in circles to automation and the automation side of this platform isn’t working with this issue and no one is willing to help any of us get to the bottom of how to get our money back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more