I got three $50 dollar charges to my microsoft charges that I cannot get more details on

Anonymous
2023-11-13T16:58:02+00:00

Nov 10, received four fraudulent charges of $50 dollar Microsoft Store credit charges billed to my credit card. One of them got rejected so three of them went through.

I looked on my Microsoft account and see the charges of three $50 dollar charges as Microsoft Store credit and no history showing what my own account was funded or how it was used to purchase anything. Should conclude that this is a fraudster that funded his own account.

I have a new credit card on the way now, trying to figure out how to get in contact with microsoft so I can dig deeper as to where the money went/how it was spent so we can catch this fraudster and provide supporting documents to my bank.

Tried calling support, get point to a website, tried the website, no help or details can be shared even though it's my own account. Please help me get more details.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T18:06:46+00:00

    Hi Clinton L!

    I am Shakiru, an independent advisor and a user like you, and I am glad to be helping you out today.

    Please note that this forum is user-to-user support and we do not have permission to access your account and personal information.

    I understand you got three 50-dollar charges to my Microsoft charges but I cannot get more details

    However, all you need do is investigate the charge further (cancel any subscription in the process to request a refund) before contacting Microsoft Support if you find any and have not been refunded.

    To investigate the Unknown charges, please try the following:

    1. Check your inbox for a purchase confirmation email from Microsoft products. Note check your inboxes if you have more than one Microsoft account attached to the payment methods.

    Remember to check your spam or junk folders to make sure it wasn’t accidentally flagged as spam.

    * Check the Order History in the "Payment and Billing" in your Microsoft account by login via https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders and then review all the purchases and subscriptions you've made

    Charges from Microsoft for consumer purchases will appear on your billing statement in columns with Date, Description, and Amount

    MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MONTH MICROSOFT*CONSOLE 1 MONTH MICROSOFT*XBOX MICROSOFT*XBOX LIVE GOLD

    If you find any of the charges for any purchase that tally with the charges from the bank statement, you will need to cancel the subscription to get a refund.

    See my comment on this thread on how to cancel and request for refund: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/b3d79f7b-8624-4f6c-88ae-0f7e0eb4b07b

    However, If the entry on your billing statement isn’t in one of the above formats, it may not be from Microsoft and may be an unauthorized charge in this case, you should contact your bank for help

    Learn more on how to investigate unknown charges here: https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/398c5328-364c-d5e4-ea8f-f5ad60562a93

    If you have any issues, you can contact Microsoft Support via chat at http://support.office.com/home/chat Please follow the steps below to avoid being directed to an AI chatbot.

    Once you click the support link, Type or describe the issue in the search bar Click on the "Get Help" button Click the "Contact Support" button at the bottom of the page Select your option under "Product and services" and "Categories" Choose your Support option, preferably select "Chat with a support agent in your web browser" Enter your email address and Confirm your email again

    Once you do that, a service request will be open and you will need to exercise patience for the Microsoft Support Agent to chat with you live

    I hope this helps give an insight into resolving the issue, kindly let me know if you require additional assistance, and I will be glad to help further.

    Please, remember to give back to the community. Help the next person with this problem by rating how this conversation was helpful.

    Thank you for your patience and precious time.

    Kind Regards, Shakiru

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-20T15:36:23+00:00

    But the investigate doesn’t work. I’m running into the same issue. I got hacked for 5 $50 charges yesterday (Sunday) I call the bank and they cancel card and are sending a new one. I call bank today to dispute the charges (had to wait til Monday to do that cause bank was closed on Sunday) and they say I have to have Microsoft deal with it. I’ve been trying all ways possible to reach someone to dispute the charges and can’t find a single venue to do so. As mentioned above, click investigate but when I do that it asks me to put in the 3 digit code on the back of the card and I do that. But because the bank canceled the card, Microsoft no longer sees it as a valid card I get an error. So I can’t get past that part of the investigate a charge option you are talking about above.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-20T16:32:39+00:00

    I got the same thing this morning with zero help from Microsoft. No way to stop this besides a bank investigation. How is there no support? Please help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-21T03:17:29+00:00

    same thing except i got hit with five $50.00 charges on my credit card. i cancelled the credit card and reported fraud to the bank. Microsoft not a lot of help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more