Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
This actually worked! Thank you so very much!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Nov 10, received four fraudulent charges of $50 dollar Microsoft Store credit charges billed to my credit card. One of them got rejected so three of them went through.
I looked on my Microsoft account and see the charges of three $50 dollar charges as Microsoft Store credit and no history showing what my own account was funded or how it was used to purchase anything. Should conclude that this is a fraudster that funded his own account.
I have a new credit card on the way now, trying to figure out how to get in contact with microsoft so I can dig deeper as to where the money went/how it was spent so we can catch this fraudster and provide supporting documents to my bank.
Tried calling support, get point to a website, tried the website, no help or details can be shared even though it's my own account. Please help me get more details.
Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This actually worked! Thank you so very much!
Hey Teddy and Jennifer there is still a chance to get your money back! Go through Xbox support. I put in a request for a call back and spoke to a live person as my bank is closed. After a brief conversation they refunded me right there and then on the phone. Good luck!
I'm in the exact boat. I talked to PayPal and asked how they could investigate in 3 minutes and deny. My bank found it fraudulent and refunded so now PayPal is directly trying to collect. I asked if they actually checked the forum to see how many others are having this. PayPal won't even allow me to remove all other payment methods as they keep trying to collect to from linked cards. I had to dispute them all. Everyone else found it fraudulent, why not PayPal. Such a mess and at the worst time of year. I just keep appealing. Microsoft and PayPal should be ashamed
Same thing happened to me on 11/22. I disputed with Paypal as I expected Microsoft to say, and instead of 45 days to review these fraudulent charges, they reviewed it in 1 hour and denied me. Somehow purchasing 3 $50 sets of credit to Microsoft is 'normal' according to Paypal(I have never done this in my life nor would anyone who is not a scammer do this). So I am now out $150 on Thanksgiving day due to some breach at Microsoft and theres nothing I can do about it but appeal. This sucks, I'm thinking of taking all of my subscriptions and every Microsoft product away because I can no longer trust them to be secure with my payment information.
Great news!! You too!