I got three $50 dollar charges to my microsoft charges that I cannot get more details on

Anonymous
2023-11-13T16:58:02+00:00

Nov 10, received four fraudulent charges of $50 dollar Microsoft Store credit charges billed to my credit card. One of them got rejected so three of them went through.

I looked on my Microsoft account and see the charges of three $50 dollar charges as Microsoft Store credit and no history showing what my own account was funded or how it was used to purchase anything. Should conclude that this is a fraudster that funded his own account.

I have a new credit card on the way now, trying to figure out how to get in contact with microsoft so I can dig deeper as to where the money went/how it was spent so we can catch this fraudster and provide supporting documents to my bank.

Tried calling support, get point to a website, tried the website, no help or details can be shared even though it's my own account. Please help me get more details.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T22:47:39+00:00

    Thanks Jennifer,

    I had 10, yes ten 50 dollar charges to my account last night by "Amanda Jones". Added to my family account, made purchases and then removed themselves from my family account.

    I was able to talk to some one through xbox support to refund these charges, though after I canceled this card and talked to my bank. We'll see how long it takes to get refunded and issued a new card.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T19:26:49+00:00

    Thanks Jennifer,

    I'll have to get my granddaughter. to help me out on that one. You have brought me a breath of sunshine in aa basic cloudy day with Microsoft!!

    Take care and thanks again,

    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T19:06:11+00:00

    I went through xbox support and was able to speak with an actual human.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T17:53:42+00:00

    I wish I had an answer and could help. I tried everything that I read and came up with nothing but frustration. Took down all my payment methods to make sure nothing else can be charged and paid. If I have a bill, let Microsoft contact me then they can work on the $150,00 that I'm out. I'll start again tomorrow when I have let the mass case of frustration, let's say, is over. Probably end up the same way because it's like they live in this mystical castle that has no entrance and they command all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T17:22:40+00:00

    Same problem. How were you able to contact them? I am not able to find a way to chat with anyone with Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments