I got three $50 dollar charges to my microsoft charges that I cannot get more details on

Anonymous
2023-11-13T16:58:02+00:00

Nov 10, received four fraudulent charges of $50 dollar Microsoft Store credit charges billed to my credit card. One of them got rejected so three of them went through.

I looked on my Microsoft account and see the charges of three $50 dollar charges as Microsoft Store credit and no history showing what my own account was funded or how it was used to purchase anything. Should conclude that this is a fraudster that funded his own account.

I have a new credit card on the way now, trying to figure out how to get in contact with microsoft so I can dig deeper as to where the money went/how it was spent so we can catch this fraudster and provide supporting documents to my bank.

Tried calling support, get point to a website, tried the website, no help or details can be shared even though it's my own account. Please help me get more details.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T18:13:20+00:00

    I had the same issue with six charges of $50. The person got themselves added to my family account, did their six $50 charges, then was removed from the account. I reset my passwords with Microsoft but got zero help with the six charges. It's an endless circle.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T01:33:57+00:00

    My account got hacked by an "Aliya" on 11/18/23, added me as a family member then quickly deleted me. Paypal was absoultely pointless. They told me that the charges weren't suspicious! I chatted with live support and on my credit card it says "Microsoft Buildings". I disputed it through Xbox tonight and the live chat guy said I should have a refund in 3-5 days, BUT they rejected it.

    I called somebody through Xbox and demanded a refund and they gave me a refund the same day. You have to call.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T01:14:17+00:00

    Josh,

    I went through the Contact Us, Xbox Support and the request a call back. Someone called within a minute and I was able to get the charges refunded.

    s

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-28T00:34:02+00:00

    Thanks Josh,

    Hey, everyone is saying go thru the "X-box" and talk to a rep. there. Seems to have a bunch of positive results. That's my last-ditch effort tomorrow. I removed all payment methods, so I hope I'm safe there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-28T00:27:55+00:00

    What number did you call?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments