I got three $50 dollar charges to my microsoft charges that I cannot get more details on

Anonymous
2023-11-13T16:58:02+00:00

Nov 10, received four fraudulent charges of $50 dollar Microsoft Store credit charges billed to my credit card. One of them got rejected so three of them went through.

I looked on my Microsoft account and see the charges of three $50 dollar charges as Microsoft Store credit and no history showing what my own account was funded or how it was used to purchase anything. Should conclude that this is a fraudster that funded his own account.

I have a new credit card on the way now, trying to figure out how to get in contact with microsoft so I can dig deeper as to where the money went/how it was spent so we can catch this fraudster and provide supporting documents to my bank.

Tried calling support, get point to a website, tried the website, no help or details can be shared even though it's my own account. Please help me get more details.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T18:24:47+00:00

    Go through xbox and request a call back. You get an actual person. My charges were reversed immediately. Best of luck

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T19:06:11+00:00

    I went through xbox support and was able to speak with an actual human.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-23T19:05:06+00:00

    I had the very same scenario on my account. A hacker was able to add a new member to my Microsoft family. They purchased two $50 gift cards, refunded one and then removed the member from my account. I simply opened a chat with Microsoft support, gave them the order # and reported that it was fraudulent. They initiated a refund immediately. No problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-21T03:17:29+00:00

    same thing except i got hit with five $50.00 charges on my credit card. i cancelled the credit card and reported fraud to the bank. Microsoft not a lot of help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-20T16:32:39+00:00

    I got the same thing this morning with zero help from Microsoft. No way to stop this besides a bank investigation. How is there no support? Please help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments