I got three $50 dollar charges to my microsoft charges that I cannot get more details on

Anonymous
2023-11-13T16:58:02+00:00

Nov 10, received four fraudulent charges of $50 dollar Microsoft Store credit charges billed to my credit card. One of them got rejected so three of them went through.

I looked on my Microsoft account and see the charges of three $50 dollar charges as Microsoft Store credit and no history showing what my own account was funded or how it was used to purchase anything. Should conclude that this is a fraudster that funded his own account.

I have a new credit card on the way now, trying to figure out how to get in contact with microsoft so I can dig deeper as to where the money went/how it was spent so we can catch this fraudster and provide supporting documents to my bank.

Tried calling support, get point to a website, tried the website, no help or details can be shared even though it's my own account. Please help me get more details.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-12T22:02:50+00:00

    Nov 10, received four fraudulent charges of $50 dollar Microsoft Store credit charges billed to my credit card. One of them got rejected so three of them went through.

    I looked on my Microsoft account and see the charges of three $50 dollar charges as Microsoft Store credit and no history showing what my own account was funded or how it was used to purchase anything. Should conclude that this is a fraudster that funded his own account.

    I have a new credit card on the way now, trying to figure out how to get in contact with microsoft so I can dig deeper as to where the money went/how it was spent so we can catch this fraudster and provide supporting documents to my bank.

    Tried calling support, get point to a website, tried the website, no help or details can be shared even though it's my own account. Please help me get more details.

    I need to speak with someone in billing. please call me at 630-441-2684.

    Thanks Steve

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T02:47:18+00:00

    Same as OP - and others

    Seven (7) total transactions, all for $15.00 USD overnight. Card has been blocked and cancelled.

    Microsoft states to use 'investigate' but that card is invalid and the cardholder details are denied. No responses to requests for help. Bank points me back to Microsoft as that's where the charges initiated from.

    User added themselves to my Microsoft family and ran the gammut until the bank stopped the transactions too late

    LeeLong at hotmail was the 'person' who added themselves to my Microsoft account

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T18:46:21+00:00

    Thanks Quinton,

    Hey that's one more than I got, was told to contact Microsoft! That's what they told me was contact PayPal. Ye ole Run around!! I removed all accounts from the payment section and am waiting for someone to contact me about that. The good guy died about two days ago. Hello, nasty.

    But I do thank everyone for their help. Perhaps the wrong people run Microsoft. Humm, now there is an interesting thought!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T18:17:17+00:00

    Same...My account is linked to PayPal as well and they refunded one charge but that's all. I can't get any help from Microsoft. It's an endless circle.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments