ClipChamp available for A5 Educational licence

Anonymous
2023-10-27T11:05:00+00:00

With the removal of Video Editor on Windows 10, we thought we could use Clipchamp.

But even with the announcement of Clipchamp for business we can't get access with a A5 licence.

Will Clipchamp be included in Educational licences soon?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Clipchamp | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-05-08T06:28:45+00:00

Hello everyone - thanks so much for commenting here and on other sites such as the Clipchamp feedback portal. It certainly helps us respond and prioritise our work.

Today I can share another update, we have an EDU launch announcement for Clipchamp coming to A3 & A5 SKUs (students and staff) - https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/education-blog/what-s-new-in-microsoft-edu-may-2024/ba-p/4132818 

We're preparing further information that we'll make available on the Microsoft 365 roadmap and in the message center for your M365 admins soon.

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-15T18:59:49+00:00

    Hello Cory, thanks for the update. A couple of questions.

    I do see ClipChamp in the Apps section of the M365 Admin > Users > Active Users > click on a user

    page as shown below. Along with the other 91 implied licenses. But I don't see it in the upper section of this page, which is named Licenses.

    In that Apps section Microsoft ClipChamp is activated and shown to be a part of Microsoft 365 A5 for faculty. As shown below.

    I unchecked this, saved, then checked this, and saved.

    Is that the process you are describing?

    Do I need to wait a bit? My first attempt still results in the no access page/graphic when I try to create a new blank video.

    Mark

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-24T11:37:19+00:00

    I asked my account rep this week and he advised there’s still no news on if/when it will be added to Edu licenses. I’m in Australia, we get additions later than the US.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-22T08:27:05+00:00

    Thank you Tobi for your response. That is helpful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-21T10:51:57+00:00

    Although on the vote page, it does now have this response.Official Microsoft response

    JC Jase C. Official Microsoft response ·11 days ago We are looking into provisioning Clipchamp for Education subscriptions. Please stand by.

    Hopefully will get a roadmap soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments