"Looks like this invitation link is not working"

Anonymous
2023-11-08T06:12:00+00:00

I sent my friends an invitation to share my Office 365 account (5 users). When they opened an email and clicked link it's showed "Looks like this invitation link is not working, You'll need contact the person who invited you and ask them to shar the subscription with you". But some can join invitation link. What's happening with some e-mail?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For education | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-11-24T17:43:06+00:00

In response to the following error I have figured out the solution:

"Looks like this invitation link is not working

You’ll need to contact the person who invited you and ask them to share the subscription with you"

Microsoft does not know the answer and neither does their Bing AI since this is an unresolved bug.

The problem will occur if the person you are attempting to share the subscription with is already a member of your family safety group.

While logged in to the account that is attempting to send the share go to https://account.microsoft.com/family/home

You will likely see the person in your list of family twice. One of them will be pending invitation.

Remove the person from your family group (not the one pending invitation). Once they are kicked out go ahead and accept the invitation for them using their account.

This should now work and they will be back in your family group. You will likely have to change any family sharing settings in Windows after all this and you may need to sign out of MS desktop apps and back in (for the added user).

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T01:21:56+00:00

    I tried what EFJets described and I got a different error message ("Looks like this invitation is invalid. You'll need to contact the person who invited you and ask them to create a new link and invite you again."). So I also deleted the user with the pending invitation and re-created the invitation from scratch and it worked fine.

    I wish MS would fix this. How frustrating!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-14T23:28:58+00:00

    I want to share my premium Microsoft 365 with my another personal microsoft account to gain the 1TB but this error message keeps appearing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-03T22:24:55+00:00

    help, i have sent an invite and when my daughter opens it the message she gets is the invite has expired.

    I have tried copying the link with the same results.

    how can I can my 365 family with her?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-10T23:22:57+00:00

    Hello Microsoft, I am scenario #2- i have a family plan, and I am inviting my daughter to join. She has an expired Microsoft offie 365 plan, so when she logs in, the only option she has in her current account is "renew" which we do not want to do- we want her to use my family plan.

    So, when i invite her, she gets the "Looks like this invitation link is not working"

    How can we fix this- i have sent the link several times, still same message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments