Migration Tool for Importing Evernote into OneNote

Anonymous
2023-11-29T11:36:17+00:00

Good morning, Microsoft Support Community Team!

 Is there a reputable free tool for migrating my Evernote notes to OneNote?  While I like the Microsoft suite of applications, I had stayed with Evernote due to the sheer volume of notes that I had built up there since 2014.  The free Evernote tier is not as capable nor as free anymore, which is Karma's way of telling me, "Yo, dude, it's time to take the long overdue plunge into OneNote."

 I should have made the migration to OneNote years ago since the [https://www.onenote.com/import-evernote-to-onenote](https://www.onenote.com/import-evernote-to-onenote "www.onenote.com") importer tool has gone 404.  

<------------------------------------------------>

<------------------------------------------------>

Server Error in '/' Application.


*The resource cannot be found.***Description:**HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL:/import-evernote-to-onenote).

<------------------------------------------------>

<------------------------------------------------>

 I am using a Surface Pro 9 running Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 OS build	22621.2715 

 Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-11-29T12:39:34+00:00

Greetings! I am Ajibola, eager to assist you with confidence and assertiveness. I guarantee to provide you with exceptional support.

You can follow a step-by-step guide on how to migrate from Evernote to OneNote using Evernote2Onenote. The article explains how to export your Evernote data, install the correct version of OneNote, download and unzip the Evernote2Onenote tool, select your migration preferences, and check your imported notes in OneNote.

'Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.'

https://www.wikihow.com/Migrate-from-Evernote-to-OneNote

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to ask. I'm here to help!

Give back to the Community. Help the next person with this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Kind regards.

Ajibola.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-12T00:48:21+00:00

    Thanks for your observations.

    For some reason the import app just worked partially for me. Some notes in a notebook synced OK and others didn't. Weirdly, I could see some stuff OK in the "full" version of OneNote in the PC (which I used to import, as per the instructions for the tool) but parts then didn't show up in the web, Windows lite or Android versions of OneNote. But there was other pages I could see in the light versions that I couldn't see in the original. Very strange!

    I am almost certain the problem is OneNote's rather than the import tool's. I have had this problem before with incomplete syncs across OneNote devices (I can't even access two Notebooks at all from one device), despite the fact that supposedly all Notebooks sync to the same OneDrive location from wherever.

    One downside of the app for me is that tabs in Evernote are converted into sections, with duplication of notes as pages in each respective section. As I use quite a lot of tabs, there are way too many duplicated pages. With 14,000 notes in Evernote I just can't for through and tidy everything so I may continue to see if there are other options.

    I have lots of Evernote notebooks nested in stacks. I think the retired OneNote importer made stacks into OneNote notebooks and notebooks into OneNote sections, with notes turning into pages. It worked for me. Tabs were lost, though, so I only imported a couple of notebook stacks and thought I'd wait in case they improved the tool. Hah. Silly me.

    I don't like OneNote as much as Evernote, with all its recent flaws, but I just can't hack a 271% subscription hike over two years (I was a low-rung paying subscriber) so I'm leaving when the legacy version shuts down and my current sub runs out (soon after).

    I'm aware that there are sync issues with OneNote (also with OneDrive, as I found out on a recent trip, to my cost) but then I had problems and with lost critical content in Evernote too, due to sync glitches since version 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-12T00:23:17+00:00

    Thanks for your advice. As soon as I am back home I'll try that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments