A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
Here is the link to the wetransfer documents https://we.tl/t-7d1ZrUWicC
I have included 3 samples of the inventory files, a copy of the invoice template, and a copy of the test ledger template (this file does not have all the needed dealers in it because I was just testing it out to make sure I could do what I wanted to do before I built the entire thing.
You asked for more details of our current data entry process. I will try to give you a run down of our current process.
We start by receiving a truck load of merchandise. We will take the packing slip and enter the quantities into the correct inventory file under the stock field. For example say we got in 4 b070-31's. I would open the Ashley Bedroom File and change the stock field of the B070-31 line, Field "F6" from 1 to 5.
Next we will field calls from dealers who are checking stock and putting in orders. If they wanted one of the B070-31's I would open the Ashley bedroom file, or whatever inventory file was correct, check the available field which is set to auto populate based on the stock field and the on hold fields from column M to XFD. If there is one available I would go to the first available hold column and enter the Dealer, Order Date, estimated pickup date and quantities that they want on order which will take that quantity out of the available column.
When the dealer comes in on the pickup date we would hand write the below invoice, price it and then mark in how much the dealer paid. After it is loaded we would take that invoice and go into the correct inventory file and manually remove the quantities that were purchased from the stock field. Then look to see if the dealer had that item on hold in columns M to XDF and if they got the entire order we would delete that column. If they only received part of the order we would change the quantities on order accordingly.
Next I would manually enter the invoice #, Date, Credit (paid) amount, Debit (Charged) Amount into our ledger book. This is what I am trying to automate with the "Test Ledger" file.
Next I would enter the date, dealer name, payment type (cash, check, or charge), and payment amount into what we call our sales book. This is where we track our cash and check deposits and our credit card amounts that we use to keep our accounts balanced. I have not worked on creating this file or macro yet.
After all this is done I would file the paper invoice in our file drawer. (this would be the saving a PDF version of the file that you talked about earlier. )
That is the process that I am trying to automate as much as possible. I am slowly building the macros separately that I would then try to combine into a single complete button. But I will also need a button that will print a load copy that doesn't complete they invoice so we can hold it until it is loaded.
Sorry this was so long. I wanted to make sure you understood exactly what my overall goal was.