How can I fix a sharepoint excel file that opens in gibberish to normal text?

Anonymous
2023-01-17T12:59:35+00:00

We are using shared reports from a sharepoint having the convenience of accessing these reports via browser. But a few days ago, certain users are having problems with these reports, because when they access them, they see gibberish rather than normal text. This does not happen when its opened on the desktop app, only when its opened on the browser.

How can I fix this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-30T22:58:57+00:00

    I have the same problem using Edge and Chrome. But files open up okay on desktop app.

    I only have 1 user affected. Any ideas please? Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-27T16:40:00+00:00

    Do you have any more info on this? I have a couple users at a client having a similar issue with one of their shared documents. They also get a warning that uploads are blocked when opening it in the Excel desktop app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-27T09:52:09+00:00

    Hi,

    I'm seeing this intermittently in my org as well.

    Do we have a fix yet?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-17T15:40:58+00:00

    Could you share us the file and remove all sensitive information in it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-17T15:22:04+00:00

    I tried it, it doesn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments