How to stop Microsoft SharePoint pop up continually asking me to share confidential information stored in keychain

Anonymous
2023-01-10T15:10:48+00:00

Hi, I no longer have or use Microsoft SharePoint (as far as I can see by searching my applications) but I continually get a pop up on my Mac saying that Microsoft SharePoint wants to sue my confidential information stored in 'Microsoft Identity xxxxxx' in my keychain. It then asks me to allow or deny. I always click Deny, but I have to click it approx 10 times before it dissapears. It then reappears about an hour later and repeats every day. its very frustrating. Any ideas on how I can stop this???

Thanks

Paul

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-06-19T17:11:17+00:00

    This happens to me too and it's most, most annoying. I don't understand why Microsoft can't, or won't, fix this themselves from the source. Change the coding Microsoft! Add a button to your popup that says, I will not share, ever! and then ensure that it works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-14T12:34:22+00:00

    Hi Tina,

    I have followed the instructions as suggested and the pop up is still appearing. see screen grab below.

    Note that nothing related to SharePoint appears in my Keychain list.

    When the pop up appeared this morning, I had to click Deny around 30 times before it disappeared.

    Please advise

    thanks

    Paul

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-09T15:28:46+00:00

    Add me to the list of users that do not use Sharepoint, and still keep getting this popup. I have looked for anything to get rid of it, and if I didn't need excel I would have dumped all Microsoft products at this point because it's so annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-18T15:46:15+00:00

    I have the same problem. Come on Microsoft!!!! It's your issue, you created the problem. Fix it for us! Give us a fix now!! Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer are having a great time with their billions. Get the company you founded to do something11 Shame.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-06-02T02:32:15+00:00

    I have the same issue. I tried all of your troubleshooting steps, but unfortunately still have the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments