A family of Microsoft relational database management systems designed for ease of use.
Scott,
Thank you so very much everything is working. Its been a struggle, but I have enjoyed learning from you. You are a great teacher.
Walt
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have a datatbase of photograph file names. In the DB I have a List Form that has a "Digital File Name" field. Question: Is it possable to create a command button on my List Form that will open the photo (that is stored in my Photos File on my C: drive) based on the digital file name for the selected record?
I am using Access 2016
Thanks Walt
A family of Microsoft relational database management systems designed for ease of use.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Scott,
Thank you so very much everything is working. Its been a struggle, but I have enjoyed learning from you. You are a great teacher.
Walt
You deleted the wrong one.
I said; "You only want the one inside the IF."
If the image opens then the If condition is False so the message wouldn't display. The message would only display if the filename doesnt exist.
I deleted the second FollowHyperlink which solved the image opening twice but the message box still didn't come up.
I used:
Private Sub OpenImageBtn_Click()
Application.FollowHyperlink Me.DigitalFileName
If Dir(Me.DigitalFileName) = "" Then
MsgBox "File doesn't exist"
End If
End Sub
You have the FollowHyperlink twice. Once before the IF, once inside the IF. You on ly want the one inside the IF.