How can there be guests on my excel sheet that i did not give access to??

Anonymous
2023-03-01T11:28:15+00:00

I had 2 'Guests' on my outlook excel file with personal information. Last one's name 'Sugarberry' . I could not get them off as they were not listed on my 'Share' list of guests.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T17:56:47+00:00

    YES THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!!! I opened an excel sheet shared with my daughter VIA EMAIL... ANd all of a sudden two dots popped up SHAKA and someone else were viewing my file, I couldn't unshare as they weren't anywhere to be unshared, they couldn't be clicked on, there was NOTHING I could do, EXCEL HACKED??????? Did they install something on my computer now? AM I AT RISK???

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-20T21:31:50+00:00

    Same issue here, I had two visitors with vegetable names. One was Asparagus.

    Any news on a fix from MS?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-19T20:57:32+00:00

    I have the same issue. Mine says Bushwillow

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-07T14:56:41+00:00

    Good point about the VPN. That may have something to do with it as the coworkers I shard the document with utilize a VPN. IF Microsoft ever returns a response to me I'll bring up this point.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-05T03:39:05+00:00

    No I don't have the Numerous.AI add-on installed.

    One of the workers with shared access did input some data that day, i am wondering if he has a VPN installed on his PC or his virus/security program causes it, you would think Microsoft would know about it though, especially with the fruit names

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments