How can there be guests on my excel sheet that i did not give access to??

Anonymous
2023-03-01T11:28:15+00:00

I had 2 'Guests' on my outlook excel file with personal information. Last one's name 'Sugarberry' . I could not get them off as they were not listed on my 'Share' list of guests.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-10T05:51:11+00:00

    guys i just got this problem and found this question, i had tried and solved this problem(halfy), first of all, it's safe(probally),because it probally it just yourself clicking the link without logging in to excel,i tried to share a link with an empty excel,and press the link on my phone which is not logging(open the link by website too), and i saw the nickname on my main account, the phone log in one nickname become a random fruit or food or colour, you can check by this method and you can see the visitor coloum( etc:a2 c6) will show on your main account holder with their colour , but the problem now is i cant find the way to delete it after my phone account closed the window, so i said solved halfy

    sorry for bad grammer but hope this will help !

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-26T23:05:35+00:00

    I am having the same issue. I shared an excel file with 1 person, sent a link via email to their Gmail, and now have 2 'Guests' - Juniper and Pepperwood - and I cannot remove them. I removed access to the 1 person I shared the link with, yet the 2 guests still show up in my file. I cannot delete the file, rename, etc. as they are still in the file. Under "Manage Access", there is no one else to remove. The person I originally shared with is also unable to remove the access, as suggested by Shakiru.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-03T20:10:58+00:00

    Same issue here. I added 1 co-worker and when he used the link I was seeing a random name as a guest. If Microsoft advises Excel just isn't recognizing the email of my co-worker I can accept that, just don't want a security issue with my documents. Also, we tested and as he selected cells and added info it was showing to me, so it WAS him.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-12T08:23:08+00:00

    No! Still a mystery! ...and I had a Honeydew visiting as well.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-05-25T17:19:32+00:00

    This is not the person I shared with as she does not have the file open and I removed her access. I can't even delete the file!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments