Copy/paste from Word to Whatsapp leads to pasting of text image, not text (Mac OS)

Anonymous
2022-05-24T15:45:52+00:00

Hello!

When I paste from MS Word to Whatsapp desktop version, the text doesn't paste. Instead, an image of the text appears. However if I copy and paste the text from apple notes or powerpoint, there's no issue. I can't figure out why this only happens in Word. Any suggestions? Thank you, Tyler

MacBook Pro running Mac OSBigSur 11.6.2

MS Word version 16.60

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Jim G 134.1K Reputation points MVP
2022-05-26T02:34:56+00:00

Hi

Test to see if Word is copying text. Copy text in Word and switch to TextEdit and then paste. TextEdit can't display pictures, so if the text appears, then you know Word put text onto the clipboard. Try pasting in other apps, as well.

Word has no control over what WhatsApp does with the clipboard. Apparently WhatsApp is doing something odd with the clipboard.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-13T08:27:09+00:00

    Thank you..but unfortunately it still doesn't work for me. So I've to stick to writing on Word which is saved online (One Drive), then open it in my mobile phone and paste on the WhatsApp on my mobile.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Bob Jones AKA CyberTaz MVP 437.7K Reputation points
    2022-10-10T21:02:56+00:00

    The explanation & a number of workarounds can be found throughout this overworked thread. Have you tried any of them? There really isn't anything more to be added.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-10T16:13:00+00:00

    I have exactly the same issue. Using MAc Pro MacOS Monterey Version 12.3.

    Any advice?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-02T08:09:53+00:00

    Yes indeed, I fully agree :)

    All the best,

    Nick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments