Copy/paste from Word to Whatsapp leads to pasting of text image, not text (Mac OS)

Anonymous
2022-05-24T15:45:52+00:00

Hello!

When I paste from MS Word to Whatsapp desktop version, the text doesn't paste. Instead, an image of the text appears. However if I copy and paste the text from apple notes or powerpoint, there's no issue. I can't figure out why this only happens in Word. Any suggestions? Thank you, Tyler

MacBook Pro running Mac OSBigSur 11.6.2

MS Word version 16.60

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Jim G 134.1K Reputation points MVP
2022-05-26T02:34:56+00:00

Hi

Test to see if Word is copying text. Copy text in Word and switch to TextEdit and then paste. TextEdit can't display pictures, so if the text appears, then you know Word put text onto the clipboard. Try pasting in other apps, as well.

Word has no control over what WhatsApp does with the clipboard. Apparently WhatsApp is doing something odd with the clipboard.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-27T06:23:41+00:00

    Hi

    I tried it. Unfortunately it didn't work for me. This is beyond performing an "acrobatic exercise with four fingers"...

    Anyhow Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-11T07:08:04+00:00

    Hi.. I just had this problem yesterday... has there been any solution for this...?

    Hi,

    I wish but unfortunately not. The only option I found is to use "Notes" or similar (an Apple app) - to write there and then copy & paste to the Whatsapp bar.

    Microsoft claims that this is not their problem...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-11T04:59:20+00:00

    Hi.. I just had this problem yesterday... has there been any solution for this...?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-05-24T23:50:42+00:00

    Hello,

    Per the description shared, I understand the problem facing at your end and as per the version number shared, you are using the previous version of the Word application on Mac; so I suggest you update the Word application to the latest version and see whether this will resolve the problem.

    Close all your other Office apps except Word> Click on the Help in the Menu bar> Check for Updates

    Reference: Update Office for Mac automatically (microsoft.com)

    If you still encounter the same problem, I would like you to check whether you can copy the content in the Word document and paste it into a different app such as Apple Notes.

    In addition, as a workaround, you can upload the document to OneDrive and open the document in the browser to copy the content and paste it into Watsapp.

    Appreciate your understanding!!

    Best Regards,

    Mia

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments