Remove "Sign in to turn on offline access to your lists" OneDrive notification after removing work account that is no longer used

Anonymous
2022-10-23T14:14:08+00:00

I have recently removed a work account from my Windows 11 installation in my desktop and laptop. While the process has been smooth, there is however a leftover notification that appears during Windows start-up on both devices:

From OneDrive: "Sign in to turn on offline access to your lists"

When clicking on it, it attempts to log into the work account that I have already removed! Unfortunately I am unable to disable this notification from appearing every time I start the PC or laptop. I even attempted to unlink all accounts from OneDrive, and cleared all credentials in the hope that this notification no longer appears; however, after linking back my personal account, it still appears on Windows start-up.

How can I make sure that this notification no longer appears? Are there any places where the work account email is still cached? Can those entries be removed so that this is solved?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | Other | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-06-12T11:03:10+00:00

Remove on HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run the key Microsoft.Lists that points towards C:\Program Files\Microsoft OneDrive\23.071.0402.0001\Microsoft.SharePoint.exe

Image

It's only been a couple of start ups, but this gets my vote as the simple solution, nothing else needed. I knew someone would come up with it, brilliant, thank you for fixing this annoying problem.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-04T07:05:16+00:00

    Didn't work for me :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-05T09:01:48+00:00

    Unfortunately this didn't work for me. The 'Sign in to turn on offline access to your lists' notification re-appeared after two days. Thanks for posting a suggestion even if it was unsuccessful for me (Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Microsoft (Office) 365 18.2301.1131.0)

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-05T09:10:33+00:00

    Ditto for me as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-05T23:04:34+00:00

    Dear M, D and friends over at Microsoft

    In case you do not have time to read the entirety of my email, here is the ChatGPT 3.5 Turbo summary of it:

    The tone of this email is frustrated and impatient. The sender is expressing dissatisfaction with Microsoft Support and the process they have been asked to follow. They are also highlighting the issues they are experiencing with Microsoft's Nucleus software and emphasizing the importance of resolving these issues. Although the email starts with a sarcastic remark, the sender seems to be genuinely seeking help and urging Microsoft to take action.    

       Hold this for another moment, I might even find the time to do it, just to see where this leads. Just to absorb and learn from the intricacies of the Microsoft Support organization. Why is nobody honest anymore, not even in tech? Actually, M is, so there is hope, thank you for that. But I still want this fixed.

       According to your own documentation, what a Microsoft developer would really need and want to request is arguably this:

    Image

       But since you insist, and I must jump through your hoops to keep playing your priorities games, I will get back to you in a little bit. Until then, see the ListsSync logs attached to this email. Keep going. Keep solving this with the sunshine HUMAN behind the customer in mind, yes? Ready USER ONE? At least, TRY JUST A LITTLE BIT HARDER to put it up there on the PG map, the backlog, the list with the bugs to get fix, eventually. Please? I still love you, you know, Microsoft. We all have interesting work to do empowered by you. But COME ON! It’s a bummer! I do not like bummers!

    Ps.

    I almost gave up on you.

       I just wanted to stay in my believe

       and not give you another chance,

       the believe that Microsoft Support is a prime example

       of the limits of how big a company can scale

       without starting to completely ignore

       the pains

       of a sunshine ton of customers!

       Just wanted to give in

       and disable the beautiful buggy

       Nucleus piece of software marvel.

       But when I reported my findings in the forum,

       others reported back

       that not even your neat DisableNucleusSync trick

       does relieve the psych terror pain you are causing us,

       being hunted forever by the Lists demons

       stalking us
       from out of reach,

       but once visited planets,

       forever tortured in limbo!

    You know, back in the days,

       when I was younger, I would have just

       reinstalled the OS.

       But this time,

    I want you

       to fix

       this sunshine piece of code!

    Pps.

     Image

    From: @mail.support.microsoft.com>
    Sent: Tuesday, April 4, 2023 5:33 PM
    To:
    Cc:
    Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] RE: OneDrive: "Sign in to turn o... - TrackingID#23031414X0000146

    Hello Remo,

    Good day!

    Hope all is well.

    This is regarding case number #23031414X0000146 with issue description "OneDrive: "Sign in to turn on offline access to your lists" pointing to *removed* work account".

    We have not received any response from you yet.

    We understand that you could be occupied with tasks of higher priority however, it is a challenge for us to keep the ticket open in idle status for so long.

    Please reply to this email.

    We appreciate your business with us.

    Thank you for being a part of Microsoft Family.

    Best Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments