Remove "Sign in to turn on offline access to your lists" OneDrive notification after removing work account that is no longer used

Anonymous
2022-10-23T14:14:08+00:00

I have recently removed a work account from my Windows 11 installation in my desktop and laptop. While the process has been smooth, there is however a leftover notification that appears during Windows start-up on both devices:

From OneDrive: "Sign in to turn on offline access to your lists"

When clicking on it, it attempts to log into the work account that I have already removed! Unfortunately I am unable to disable this notification from appearing every time I start the PC or laptop. I even attempted to unlink all accounts from OneDrive, and cleared all credentials in the hope that this notification no longer appears; however, after linking back my personal account, it still appears on Windows start-up.

How can I make sure that this notification no longer appears? Are there any places where the work account email is still cached? Can those entries be removed so that this is solved?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | Other | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-06-12T11:03:10+00:00

Remove on HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run the key Microsoft.Lists that points towards C:\Program Files\Microsoft OneDrive\23.071.0402.0001\Microsoft.SharePoint.exe

Image

It's only been a couple of start ups, but this gets my vote as the simple solution, nothing else needed. I knew someone would come up with it, brilliant, thank you for fixing this annoying problem.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-20T12:54:37+00:00

    This is driving me nuts. I haven't even changed employer, I just got a new account for contractual reasons (I used to be an intern). Yet when I startup Windows 11 since (a week now), I keep getting the prompt to log into my old account for Sharepoint to view my lists, even though I already removed everything from my old account and replaced it with my new one.

    I already tried nuking OneDrive, but it didn't work. I really don't want to do a fresh install of Windows, I just did that a while ago (unrelated to this switching of accounts). Hopefully someone can find the obscure registry item or another solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-13T07:56:24+00:00

    Hear hear.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-13T07:50:43+00:00

    Correction: that the problem came back is not a result of recently signing in with my new employer's work/school account. The signin is still the ADFS login screen from my previous employer.

    Next time, I'll check if I can see a URL or something, and scour my Registry for that. Because it's not my old employer's domain that's still registered; I've deleted all references to that from my Registry.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-13T06:19:53+00:00

    I too, have this issue, and tried all the described "workarounds", even reset OneDrive. That "Sign in to turn on offline access ..." notification, pointing to my previous employer, keeps reappearing after every reboot.

    We already have forty-two people reporting to have that problem. A thousand views on the thread. There are 10x more people suffering from this, being forever haunted by their past. 😵

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments