Remove "Sign in to turn on offline access to your lists" OneDrive notification after removing work account that is no longer used

Anonymous
2022-10-23T14:14:08+00:00

I have recently removed a work account from my Windows 11 installation in my desktop and laptop. While the process has been smooth, there is however a leftover notification that appears during Windows start-up on both devices:

From OneDrive: "Sign in to turn on offline access to your lists"

When clicking on it, it attempts to log into the work account that I have already removed! Unfortunately I am unable to disable this notification from appearing every time I start the PC or laptop. I even attempted to unlink all accounts from OneDrive, and cleared all credentials in the hope that this notification no longer appears; however, after linking back my personal account, it still appears on Windows start-up.

How can I make sure that this notification no longer appears? Are there any places where the work account email is still cached? Can those entries be removed so that this is solved?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | Other | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-06-12T11:03:10+00:00

Remove on HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run the key Microsoft.Lists that points towards C:\Program Files\Microsoft OneDrive\23.071.0402.0001\Microsoft.SharePoint.exe

Image

It's only been a couple of start ups, but this gets my vote as the simple solution, nothing else needed. I knew someone would come up with it, brilliant, thank you for fixing this annoying problem.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-11-15T01:18:06+00:00

    I had the exact same issue you were experiencing. I was able to resolve this via resetting OneDrive, following these instructions:

    Reset OneDrive - Microsoft Support

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-10T22:20:14+00:00

    I too have this issue. I removed my old work account but this message/notification still pops up. The work account has already been disconnected and removed from my PC but somewhere seems to be a leftover that has not been cleaned up by the application or Windows. Seems like a bug to me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-03T13:38:25+00:00

    I am having this exact same issue. Old work account is bugging me to sign in for offline access after I've already removed it as Tim suggested. Still getting this notification every day

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-23T17:38:59+00:00

    Hi Fuad,

    The work account was already removed as stated in the initial question and description. Even though it was removed, the notification mentioned in the initial description still appears. It doesn't appear under Start > Settings > Accounts > Access work or school, either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments