Since the message on Monday or Tuesday stating that it should be fixed worldwide,
I have been re-running the import jobs over and over about 5 times a day.
From original 100 failed, i am now down to last 20 remaining ..
It seems to be getting better as some batches at start completed as little as 2 and the best one I had so far which was my last try completed 20.
Hoping 2-3 more tries max and I will have all the emails up to date.
as mentioned in one of the previous posts, using GUID instead of UPN as target didn't make a difference for me with the error mentioned, but it did resolve other issues where report was claiming UPN is matching multiple entries. This was because i had some soft deleted mailboxes and mailusers which you can only see in PowerShell.
All the best to everyone, hopefully eventually you all manage to get all the needed imports done!