Use network upload to import PST files into Office

Anonymous
2022-07-26T15:47:20+00:00

During network upload, we get back the error MRSRemoteTransientError. Detail: X-Psws-ErrorCode: 841101 X-Psws Exception: Microsoft.Exchange.Net.CommunicationErrorTransientException X-Psws-Warning: When an item can't be read from the source database or it can't be written to the destination database The error occurs if you specify the UPN or GUID as the target. Via Powershell I don't see any output at Get-MailboxImportRequest. The error occurs with all PST files or with all mailboxes.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-02T15:46:14+00:00

    Despite a couple of people saying that it's working for them, it's still broken here.

    I tried using GUID as someone suggested. It does exactly the same thing. It hangs at 0% before eventually failing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-02T14:19:19+00:00

    Hello, we have also been having issues with PST import since last week with the same error in the logs. It is still not working for us and we have raised a case with Microsoft, but very slow progress so far. We also have one import job which has been stuck since the issues started and I can find no way to delete or clear the job. I have tried with powershell commands below, anyone else had this and managed to clear a stuck job?

    Get-MailboxImportRequest -BatchName batch_name | Suspend-MailboxImportRequest

    Get-MailboxImportRequest -BatchName batch_name | Remove-MailboxImportRequest

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-02T12:38:50+00:00

    Also here it seems that something is being moving.
    The new behavior I'm facing is that even if I submit a batch with 20 (or 50) import requests, only 6 will be really processed...others still fail with the same error as before.
    From PS there is no clue of them. The only way get some evidence of failed request is to download the log from the Compliance Portal

    so better, but not well

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-08-02T10:39:49+00:00

    seems to be working again, for me at least!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-08-02T08:30:34+00:00

    So I logged a ticket with Microsoft for this last week as we had the same issue on various M365 tenants in both the EU and South Africa region. We collected a whole lot of data and a bug fix was logged with the PG.

    Today I was informed that a worldwide fix was deployed, I am retesting my import to see if it works now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments