Use network upload to import PST files into Office

Anonymous
2022-07-26T15:47:20+00:00

During network upload, we get back the error MRSRemoteTransientError. Detail: X-Psws-ErrorCode: 841101 X-Psws Exception: Microsoft.Exchange.Net.CommunicationErrorTransientException X-Psws-Warning: When an item can't be read from the source database or it can't be written to the destination database The error occurs if you specify the UPN or GUID as the target. Via Powershell I don't see any output at Get-MailboxImportRequest. The error occurs with all PST files or with all mailboxes.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-28T20:12:24+00:00

    I am also having the same problem. This was my first ever attempt at doing the PST import and spent a lot of time trying to figure out what was wrong. Apparently it's been broken this whole time! My first failed attempt was on 7/21/2022. I've tried a few times since then, including today, 7/28/2022. I even created a test PST that is only 2MB. Like everyone else, I get the Failed,MRSRemoteTransientError error.

    I followed all steps in this guide and had no problems until the end when I try to run the import. It analyzes the file fairly quickly without any trouble, but then sits at the "Import in progress" phase for probably 20-60 minutes before it finally fails. I verified that the PST exists in our Azure storage. My mappings were validated successfully.

    Hopefully if we get enough visibility here, we can get Microsoft to do something about it. If anyone finds a solution, please let us all know in this post.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-28T14:52:25+00:00

    Same error here!

    Import stays at 0% for ages then fails with the above error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-28T14:45:46+00:00

    same Error here:

    Failed,MRSRemoteTransientError,0,0,Archiv2021,0,Microsoft.Exchange.Net.CommunicationErrorTransientException, The call to 'net.tcp://fr2p281mb3104.deup281.prod.outlook.com/Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxReplicationService FR2P281MB3104.DEUP281.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM (15.20.5482.6 ServerCaps:3FFFFFFF ProxyCaps:03FFFFFFFFFFFFC7DD2DFDBF5FFFFFCB07EFFF legacyCaps:3FFFFFFF)' failed. Error details: Could not load file or assembly 'Azure.Core

    Cyprian

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-27T09:09:56+00:00

    I want to import a PST file into a mailbox through the Compliance Center. It is not a hybrid Exchange environment. We only use Exchange Online. I have the same error in another tenant. Is there a general problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-26T19:24:20+00:00

    Dear Mohamed Al-Qady

    Good day!

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We are happy to help!

    Per your description, we understand you have a query regarding the upload of PST files. To better help assist, we would like to confirm what environment you're using, pure cloud/on-premise/hybrid environment.

    Please share detailed steps on how you're importing the PST files.

    We look forward to your reply.

    Sincerely,

    Momo

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments