Word Dictate keeps inserting the word 'open'

Anonymous
2022-10-20T18:57:38+00:00

A few days ago, Microsoft Word started randomly inserting the word ‘open’ into what I speak. I never say that word, it just automatically appears. I've looked through all the threads about similar issues in the past with words like ‘hey’ and have followed every single suggestion in those threads, including reinstalling Word. Nothing has worked. Most of the threads were from 2020 but I never saw if there was a final resolution. I've been using dictate and this version of Word for over a year now and have not had any issues until a few days ago. Please advise.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | Other | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-01-04T20:00:37+00:00

Hi CKGhostwriter!

Sorry for the delayed response.

We've just deployed a change that should fix the "open" issue. If you are still using the product, it would be great if you could use the dictation feature again to see that it fixed your problem. (Although deployment sometimes takes a few days).

If within the next week, you still don't see a fix, please report the issue through the office app with Help>Feedback. If you include the word "dictation" in your feedback, someone on the team should be reviewing your feedback in a timely manner.

This goes for anyone else reading this with the same issue.

Sorry about the experience. We are working hard to make it better for everyone!

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-29T14:48:15+00:00

    It's not fixed, not for everyone. I opened a document this morning in Word just to see, and I keep getting 'open' 'open' 'open' a lot when trying to use Dictate. I opened an issue with Microsoft again several days ago, and have been ignored. Again. I'm happy you all have had your issue fixed, but your comments are giving Microsoft an excuse to close this issue and do nothing further to help those of us who are still experiencing difficulties

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-29T14:08:02+00:00

    My "open" issue has been fixed for a while, probably since right after you put the fix through, but I just wanted to say that it's quite amazing that, from such a huge company, we can still speak directly to people there and have them not only reply to the issue we're reporting on but actually even attend to the issue and fix it. Most companies even a fraction of the size of Microsoft are close to impossible to get in contact with and then usually just blow you off with a form letter filled with generalizations and empty promises. So I applaud you and Microsoft's policies and thank you for fixing this extremely annoying issue.

    Lisa

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-29T12:17:11+00:00

    I'm still having issues, so they have resolved nothing. My solution was to largely abandon Word and migrate to Google Docs as it's been more than clear that Microsoft has no interest in fixing this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-28T23:48:27+00:00

    Dictation problem: I, too, have the problem with insertion of words I've not dictated. They all begin with "h" (small or cap): hh, hola, hoy, HD, etc"

    Please advise.

    The problem is now resolved for me. I think Micosoft did an update. I suggest you call microsoft. Good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments