A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
That’s disappointing. I’m not sure I even want to try to fix OneDrive. Is there a third party app or some other way to hold sensitive files on both computers and mobile devices?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
It used to be that when I accessed my Personal Vault, it would ask me to authenticate with Microsoft Authenticator. That suddenly disappeared, and now it gives me the options of authenticating with a fingerprint or my PIN. I don't want my PIN to work to get to my Personal Vault. Other people use my PIN to access my machine. I don't want to use the same authentication to get to my personal vault. I want that to go to Microsoft Authenticator so that it is different.
Why did it change, and how can I change it back?
A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
That’s disappointing. I’m not sure I even want to try to fix OneDrive. Is there a third party app or some other way to hold sensitive files on both computers and mobile devices?
It is very sad that there is no satisfactional answer. There is one desperate step that could help, I guess. If I unbind my MS account from Windows. Then I guess that OneDrive is not going to trust my device anymore and it should require 2FA again to open PV.
It is very sad that there is no satisfactional answer. There is one desperate step that could help, I guess. If I unbind my MS account from Windows. Then I guess that OneDrive is not going to trust my device anymore and it should require 2FA again to open PV.
And yes. It worked. After unbinding my MS account from Windows account the issue is fixed. OneDrive again require 2FA via MS Authenticator. So, hope it helps.
Can you come back and let us know if it sticks. My suspicion is this will undo again.
It sticks. I made several reboots of my laptop and behavior of OneDrive app is the same. It requires 2FA. Unlocking my laptop is still possible with fingerprint/PIN. So, no major disadvantage at this moment.