Access Broken today 10th May 2022

Anonymous
2022-05-10T19:32:07+00:00

I had a call from one of my users today to say his database was just closing down as he clicked a button.

I got his front and back end files and ran them on a PC with Office 2010, they worked fine, but his Office 365 has been updated today and he has the problem on all his PC's.

I tried the front/backend files on two PC's I have that are running Office 365 and they too have the same issue.

It seems like Microsoft has broken things.

Is anyone else having issues after today's update?

Regards, Dennis

UPDATE: This mentions that the recent Office 365 update fixes problems in Excel, Outlook and Word, what it does not mention is that it broke Access! https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-365-apps-build-1512820224-resolves-issues-with-excel-outlook-and-word/

UPDATE 2:

I managed to program around the main issue I was having, however I have just seen messages to say Microsoft have fixed it, I just tried the original database and it seems to be working fine. Thanks to everyone who posted their experiences here, it was very helpful.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-05-11T20:29:35+00:00

    Hmm, I just got an update and the issue seems to be gone, no rollback.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-05-11T20:25:20+00:00

    I've just tested and the problem appears to have gone.

    But there has been no update, rollback or change of version.

    What on earth is going on? How can Microsoft affect the behaviour of Access without an update of Office or Windows? Is the problem with some sort of live link - perhaps the licensing/activation?

    An explanation is needed.

    UPDATE:

    I've just spoken to the client, who is working late because of all the time lost. They haven't even closed Access, they just left it running when they stopped for a meal. The problem has gone away.

    They didn't even close Access. What is going on here?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Tom van Stiphout 40,216 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2022-05-11T18:38:53+00:00

    I just heard from MSFT and they are able to fix this issue right away. They said to wait 1 more hour and then restart Access and the issue should be fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments