Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Your welcome. When I hear back from my counterpart, will come back with what I find out about the Start icon menu issue.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
My computer died. Dead, finito, nada mas. I bought a new computer (16 MB RAM!). I thought I could just download office from the web, enter my subscription key and all would be good to go. Well, that ain't happenin'.
What I ended up with is a copy of office from the official Microsoft website which with each document or spreadsheet I open displays the bar across the top begging me to buy office 365, which I already own. It also errors a lot and will not work with my Dragon VR (which, with my disabled left hand making it impossible to type well, is a true bummer when writing my business letters in Word).
Is it true that you only have to buy office once in a lifetime? I got the first one from a friend who was a Microsoft affiliate as a birthday present so never had to worry about money at all. I currently have five tabs open with instructions on how to correct my situation. They all say I need to disable office on my old computer but that one is, as mentioned, a memory in the biosphere by now. So my question is…
How do I get office 365 on my new machine without having to purchase it for $99 a year?
Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, OS build 19043.1466, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0. Processor – Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 16.0 GB RAM.
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Your welcome. When I hear back from my counterpart, will come back with what I find out about the Start icon menu issue.
once the icon situation is cured
Thanks to my counterpart (full credit to <Sumit D>) a Microsoft MVP - Windows/Edge specialist
What you have seems to be what is described in
Microsoft is automatically installing Office PWAs for some Windows 10 users: Report | ZDNet
Way to remove those
Hopefully this will resolve things and let you get on your way with MS 365