A family of Microsoft relational database management systems designed for ease of use.
Thanks Karl,
Yep,
I recall when 365 went subscription and it took me days to figure out which plan I needed. At the time none of the Business plans included Access.
Making this task harder was that MVPs got theirs for free so they just went with the most expensive, as I ended up doing. E3.
Now there are 2 different flavours of E2 and the entire suite of plans is even more confusing to the novice.
Channel names have been subject to a rapid evolution of nomenclature.
Then consider Product ID, Version Number and Build Number (have I missed anything?)
Making this all harder is the number of, and changes to, the pages where MS, and specifically Access, posts information about new features, fixes, suggestions, which include pages mentioned in these posts and others.
As I mentioned, the 365 Admin center is blissfully ignorant of all these issues which suggests that 365 Admins (the people) are as well, and as we've seen, so are MS's own support people.
I've thought long and hard (well not so long, but hard) and decided that I'd like to see a series of links (better if it only needed to be one) in the Accounts / About page, in addtion the cringe worthy "Whats New" button, to take me to a web page with proper Release Notes (Features and Fixes) showing all current and previous versions.
That page could then have a link to other relevant pages like suggestions, This forum, Access Blog and any other relevant site for the 365 app it is launced from as well as 365 in general.
The Product Information on the Account form currently does tell you the Subscription Product (in my case Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise), the Version and Build. So it is reasonably aligned with the terminologies on the web sites but not entirely.
Now I don't expect developers to ever care about this stuff, but the Product Manager(s) for 365 and in this case Access should.