'This product is already installed on another device' message issue

Anonymous
2021-09-06T08:34:44+00:00

I have just bought HP Pavillion 14-DV0055TU Laptop, it has microsoft office pre-installed in it. But when I try to use PPT, word, etc it says 'This product is already installed on another device', when I checked only my device is being shown in my account. Please help, I have tried contacting through telephone but not receiving any support.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-11-19T09:39:48+00:00

    hey,, i have the same issue with my pre-installed Office 2019 on my laptop,, been using it since aug 2021 and suddenly i need to activated it this noon..

    i've tried to reinstall it but the issue still the same..

    tried to contact support via (https://support.microsoft.com/contactus) but there is still no follow up till now... please help,, need it for my school work..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-11-28T17:05:16+00:00

    Facing the same issue. When I try to use PPT, word, etc it says 'This product is already installed on another device'.

    Please help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-11-28T17:17:46+00:00

    I finally got it sorted via Microsoft although had to go higher than the regular guy. I did it through the chat option and they took over my laptop to sort. I think they deleted the original account and created a new one 🤷‍♀️ I was getting desperate as I needed ppt for delivering trading. I found I just had to keep contacting them to get it sorted. Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-14T15:48:53+00:00

    How did you contact Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-12-14T20:11:53+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments