'This product is already installed on another device' message issue

Anonymous
2021-09-06T08:34:44+00:00

I have just bought HP Pavillion 14-DV0055TU Laptop, it has microsoft office pre-installed in it. But when I try to use PPT, word, etc it says 'This product is already installed on another device', when I checked only my device is being shown in my account. Please help, I have tried contacting through telephone but not receiving any support.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-02T15:14:34+00:00

    Is it possible if this can be escalated? I have two friends who experienced the same issue. My theory, could be related to an update.

    Things were done so far:

    • Ran the SaraTool to uninstall
    • Remove Office via the registry
    • Removed the Microsoft Account within Windows (Settings > Account)
    • Tried the Offline installer
    • After re-installing, still getting the same error 'This product is already installed on another device.
    • Even from the MSA account, it does not let the user use the key since the key is unviewable via the "services and subscription" tab and take note, Office license was purchased separately and it did not come preloaded

    Hope anyone can answer this.

    Thanks,

    Rich

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-02T15:23:31+00:00

    Hi Rich,

    Contacting technical support team, will solve your problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-10-02T16:30:48+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-10-05T12:13:52+00:00

    Hi,

    I am facing the exact same issue you had. I tried contacting Microsoft support via (https://widget.rave.office.net/)  but they asked me to contact the HP store where I got my laptop instead.

    So I did. and they asked me to contact Microsoft! I've just been going in circles.

    Was your issue fixed by remote screen sharing on this website https://widget.rave.office.net/ ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-10-05T13:02:14+00:00

    That sounds madly frustrating. Mine was fixed by remote screen sharing. Through this: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus 

    Good luck!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments