'This product is already installed on another device' message issue

Anonymous
2021-09-06T08:34:44+00:00

I have just bought HP Pavillion 14-DV0055TU Laptop, it has microsoft office pre-installed in it. But when I try to use PPT, word, etc it says 'This product is already installed on another device', when I checked only my device is being shown in my account. Please help, I have tried contacting through telephone but not receiving any support.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-30T17:03:42+00:00

    Mine is now sorted! It did take a Microsoft person around 45 minutes on my computer with remote access through the Microsoft Get Help app. Honestly, she was really good and you can see everything they are doing the entire time so that's probably the best solution for you. You can kick them off at any time as well.

    I bought the same laptop as you, so clearly somethings up!

    Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-30T17:04:10+00:00

    You've probably been here, but it was this: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-30T17:08:11+00:00

    Hi Rebackahunt13,

    I too contacted Microsoft support, through "widget.rave.office" , they took my system remote, even they couldn't resolve it. Finally I was told that, they have informed back end team, activation process will take 3 days. I am going to wait till tomorrow and I will check again.

    Regards

    S. Sakthi Siva Kandan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-30T17:16:38+00:00

    I know this is a stupid suggestion as I'm typing it, but the person who fixed mine was called Vandana. I have zero idea how many people work on these lines, probably millions. But she/he took a long time trying various things and eventually figured it out, so ... if there AREN'T thousands of people, they can ask Vandana!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-30T17:17:48+00:00

    Hi Stefan,

    HP offline store representative, told me to use just my outlook credentials, he said clearly there is no key needed, for pre-installed Microsoft office Home & Student.

    Pre-installed Microsoft office Home & Student was working fine, for few days then later I am facing this problem.

    Note:

    I have created this Microsoft outlook account during Laptop purchase, I have only one laptop. I am 100% sure, there is no problem from my side.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments