'This product is already installed on another device' message issue

Anonymous
2021-09-06T08:34:44+00:00

I have just bought HP Pavillion 14-DV0055TU Laptop, it has microsoft office pre-installed in it. But when I try to use PPT, word, etc it says 'This product is already installed on another device', when I checked only my device is being shown in my account. Please help, I have tried contacting through telephone but not receiving any support.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-28T10:42:48+00:00

    Did the following actions

    1. Quick Repair
    2. Online Repair
    3. Uninstalled and installed again
    4. Uninstalled --> Restarted the system --> Installed again.

    Mine is Microsoft Office Home& Student 2019.

    Note:

    It was included in my laptop and it was activated using outlook account when I purchased HP laptop. When I purchased laptop from offline store, they didn't give me any product key for office.

    I created new outlook account while purchasing laptop.

    For few days it was working, from yesterday (27/09/2021), it wasn't working.

    Image

    Image

    In Microsoft account , I can see Microsoft office home and student under Products you've purchased

    Image

    When I try "Contact Support to transfer your license to this device"

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-28T11:06:33+00:00

    There is Microsoft Video to activate pre-installed office

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zetZh7zGgOA

    I think, in HP offline store, it was activated the same way mentioned in the video.

    There is no product key, I called HP offline store, they informed the same, no product key is needed to activate pre-installed office, only outlook account details is enough

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-09-28T11:49:13+00:00

    You should follow the instructions from the PC maker (HP in this case) to activate a preinstalled version of Office. Also, check with HP if the preinstalled version is actually a full version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-28T17:21:35+00:00

    I spoke with HP team, they said I should use the outlook account to activate Microsoft office Home & student.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments