'This product is already installed on another device' message issue

Anonymous
2021-09-06T08:34:44+00:00

I have just bought HP Pavillion 14-DV0055TU Laptop, it has microsoft office pre-installed in it. But when I try to use PPT, word, etc it says 'This product is already installed on another device', when I checked only my device is being shown in my account. Please help, I have tried contacting through telephone but not receiving any support.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-15T07:49:32+00:00

    Through the website - microsoft support

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-23T11:23:43+00:00

    Hi Sakthi Siva KandanSengottaiyan,

    I bought the same laptop in August and I am also facing the same issue.

    Please update this question/answer if you find any solution.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-09T17:45:28+00:00

    Hi @BansiPatel1, did you find solutions of issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-20T13:21:16+00:00

    Yes please give suggestions I am also facing same issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-26T10:46:43+00:00

    Hi BansiPatel,

    I also had a similar issue, with the same laptop.

    After trying all the methods mentioned in online forums and support docs, nothing happened.

    Finally, I got my problem resolved by contacting the Microsoft support team via the "Get Help" app that comes with windows.

    This was the solution:

    1. The support team member asked me to log out from the office (by logging out from word).
    2. Then close the Word app.
    3. Again login into Word app with your Microsoft account, this will you give a prompt to activate the office.
    4. Click "Activate" and done!!!!.

    This was a quite simple solution, but I am not sure if that support team member team did something at her end. But Definitely, you can try logging out and then log in again to the office.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments