'This product is already installed on another device' message issue

Anonymous
2021-09-06T08:34:44+00:00

I have just bought HP Pavillion 14-DV0055TU Laptop, it has microsoft office pre-installed in it. But when I try to use PPT, word, etc it says 'This product is already installed on another device', when I checked only my device is being shown in my account. Please help, I have tried contacting through telephone but not receiving any support.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. DaveM121 934.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-09-06T09:07:40+00:00

    Hi Bansi,

    I am Dave, I will help you with this.

    Were you originally able to activate that pre-installed Office 2019 licence on that device when you purchased it?

    1

    Open Word, then go to File - Account

    What Microsoft Office licence is indicated on that page?

    2

    Log into this page: https://account.microsoft.com/services/

    What Microsoft Office licence is indicated on that page?

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-25T18:37:34+00:00

    Hi Dave,

    I am facing the same issue with same device. I have bought device on August 20th 2021.. Yes until today it is working fine. Please share what has to be done to avoid this error

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-09-27T19:02:12+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-28T07:31:03+00:00

    Hi bansipatel did u issue got resolved, I am also facing the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-09-28T09:58:16+00:00

    Please elaborate on what you have tried so far. For example, have you tried repairing your installation?

    How did you purchase Office in the first place?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments