'This product is already installed on another device' message issue

Anonymous
2021-09-06T08:34:44+00:00

I have just bought HP Pavillion 14-DV0055TU Laptop, it has microsoft office pre-installed in it. But when I try to use PPT, word, etc it says 'This product is already installed on another device', when I checked only my device is being shown in my account. Please help, I have tried contacting through telephone but not receiving any support.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-08T05:31:33+00:00

    Hi Jeremy,

    I had the exact issue and it was fixed yesterday it took me 2 days to get in touch with the right person but it was fixed in less than 15 minutes.

    Got help through this link:

    https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

    After describing your issue it will take you to another link where you can chat with a person from the Microsoft Support team

    Clearly state the problem you are facing or even send them this thread it's a well known issue for them now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-08T04:50:12+00:00

    My daughter at college is having this same issue and it's creating issues. Is there any solution here yet? This is ridiculous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-06T18:50:08+00:00

    It's Microsoft office fault and they have accepted with me in a call. but they are unable to resolve shame of them being such a big entreprise unable to clear small glitches like these.. I followed up with support team for almost 8 hrs no use at all. All did the same.checks and saying you have all valid proofs of buying office but we are unable to resolve this issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-10-06T18:19:20+00:00

    Thank you for the clarification guys! :)

    The issue has been escalated & hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-10-06T16:46:21+00:00

    Hi Abisha,

    Tell them clearly its not issue with HP, or even share this thread in the chat. It's Microsoft issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments