'This product is already installed on another device' message issue

Anonymous
2021-09-06T08:34:44+00:00

I have just bought HP Pavillion 14-DV0055TU Laptop, it has microsoft office pre-installed in it. But when I try to use PPT, word, etc it says 'This product is already installed on another device', when I checked only my device is being shown in my account. Please help, I have tried contacting through telephone but not receiving any support.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-30T19:38:11+00:00

    That's great news, thanks everyone for your support, I'm hopeful that this will be sorted tomorrow afternoon, which is great. It seems like a known issue which is also good news in case anyone else has similar issues...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-30T17:04:10+00:00

    You've probably been here, but it was this: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-09-30T15:04:32+00:00

    The same thing has just happened to me! I bought Office package when I bought the computer and installed it. It's been working fine until today. Now it wants me to activate Office, and everything has been frozen until I do. But when I try and log on it says that it is already installed on another device. It's very very very important for my work that I get this working again today!

    Do you have any suggestions, please?

    This could be a new issue, since multiple posts on the topic has cropped up recently.

    However, first of all, how did you purchase Office? Did you purchase it in a store with the computer? Or did you purchase directly from Microsoft?

    Which specific version of Office is this? Which operating system?

    During the install process, were you guided to create a Microsoft account?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-28T07:31:03+00:00

    Hi bansipatel did u issue got resolved, I am also facing the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-09-27T19:02:12+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments