'This product is already installed on another device' message issue

Anonymous
2021-09-06T08:34:44+00:00

I have just bought HP Pavillion 14-DV0055TU Laptop, it has microsoft office pre-installed in it. But when I try to use PPT, word, etc it says 'This product is already installed on another device', when I checked only my device is being shown in my account. Please help, I have tried contacting through telephone but not receiving any support.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-28T10:42:48+00:00

    Did the following actions

    1. Quick Repair
    2. Online Repair
    3. Uninstalled and installed again
    4. Uninstalled --> Restarted the system --> Installed again.

    Mine is Microsoft Office Home& Student 2019.

    Note:

    It was included in my laptop and it was activated using outlook account when I purchased HP laptop. When I purchased laptop from offline store, they didn't give me any product key for office.

    I created new outlook account while purchasing laptop.

    For few days it was working, from yesterday (27/09/2021), it wasn't working.

    Image

    Image

    In Microsoft account , I can see Microsoft office home and student under Products you've purchased

    Image

    When I try "Contact Support to transfer your license to this device"

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-25T18:37:34+00:00

    Hi Dave,

    I am facing the same issue with same device. I have bought device on August 20th 2021.. Yes until today it is working fine. Please share what has to be done to avoid this error

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 934.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2021-09-06T09:07:40+00:00

    Hi Bansi,

    I am Dave, I will help you with this.

    Were you originally able to activate that pre-installed Office 2019 licence on that device when you purchased it?

    1

    Open Word, then go to File - Account

    What Microsoft Office licence is indicated on that page?

    2

    Log into this page: https://account.microsoft.com/services/

    What Microsoft Office licence is indicated on that page?

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-30T17:03:42+00:00

    Mine is now sorted! It did take a Microsoft person around 45 minutes on my computer with remote access through the Microsoft Get Help app. Honestly, she was really good and you can see everything they are doing the entire time so that's probably the best solution for you. You can kick them off at any time as well.

    I bought the same laptop as you, so clearly somethings up!

    Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-30T14:44:32+00:00

    The same thing has just happened to me! I bought Office package when I bought the computer and installed it. It's been working fine until today. Now it wants me to activate Office, and everything has been frozen until I do. But when I try and log on it says that it is already installed on another device. It's very very very important for my work that I get this working again today!

    Do you have any suggestions, please?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments