How can I remove the AutoSave button on the left side of my Quick Access Toolbar in Excel (version 2110)?

Anonymous
2021-11-18T02:03:45+00:00

I do NOT AutoSave selected when I customize the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT). In File > Options > Save, I have NOT checked AutoSave One Drive and Sharepoint Online files by default on Excel.

I did not have this button yesterday. Sadly, MS decided to install an update.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-02-16T23:10:17+00:00

I figured it out!

Click the Upcoming Features button near the right end of the title bar (the little horn icon) and turn off the "new experience" switch near the bottom of the Coming Soon pane. Restart Excel and Poof! The annoying autosave feature is gone.

Hope this helps!

Since it is related:

I also figure out that you can move the quick access toolbar to be part of the title bar so it looks like Excel 2016 (and so you can still have a "save as" button on the top left corner after you remove the autosave stuff):

Click the little arrow down button after the quick access icons and the last item is "show above the ribbon" - that moves your quick access icons to the title bar like in Excel 2016, which removes one of those huge new bezels MS added in Office 365.

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-09T14:30:22+00:00

    In addition to switching off Upcoming Features, in Office 365 loaded onto a new laptop 29 Nov 22, Excel and Word removed the Autosave and Save icon as a result of

    File - Options - Quick Access Toolbar, uncheck Always show command labels, though this did not work in PPT.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-17T07:40:07+00:00

    Hello Becky9, I suggest you read my post of April 21, 2022 above.

    I had the same message from Office and I resolved the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-13T19:04:45+00:00

    Did this in Excel, works as Andreas dC's post says. So far so good. While I'm at it, let's get this out of the title of the rest of MS Office, err MS 365 now (glad they are working on the important issues). No such option in PowerPoint, second only to Excel where I do not ever want Microsoft overwriting my last update date. Oddly enough you can use this solution in Word. Oh well, two out of three ain't bad. NOT.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-11-04T15:50:38+00:00

    cal222, well done,

    I couldn't make that thing go away, but that worked. Since 2002 Microsoft has continually added inefficiencies, extra clicks and clutter to Office products while enhancing very little.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments