Sorry we couldn't find https //d.docs.live.net

Anonymous
2020-11-19T02:30:41+00:00

Im having an issue when creating a new word doc using Microsoft 365 Personal

Opening up the office 365 interface on my Laptop, i then select "Word" for the left side tab, select "Blank Template" and its at this point it get:

sorry we couldn't find https //d.docs.live.net/........../Document.docx. Is it possible that it was moved, renamed or deleted?

(All of my web searches come back with "Open" instead of "Find" when looking up this issue.)

It does however open up a word doc after clicking ok but my ocd is kicking in not knowing what this is about. If i repeat the above process a number of time, it leaves a document inside my onedrive folder and keeps incrementing. Document1.docx etc.

Word and PowerPoint both have this error but Excel opens fine.

Im running windows 10 latest version, 

Can anyone please help?

Cheers

Shane

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-03-18T15:20:21+00:00

    Ensure that you post feedback in the app, so that Microsoft can see it.

    Note that Microsoft staff do not regularly monitor these threads for feedback.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T23:06:52+00:00

    I have the same problem. I too just installed Office 365 on a new computer and keep on getting this message.

    Regards,

    Rudi

    I implemented the suggested solution to pin word to the Taskbar and yes that solved the problem, thank you BUT if that is required why dose the Office link get loaded to the desktop ( and I belief to the taskbar) during installation if that dose not work properly?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-15T23:15:52+00:00

    Same exact issue. I can open an almost blank document by clicking on General notes instead of New blank document. Idiotic. I am glad this is just a trial of Microsoft 365, because it is way more hassle than it's worth.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-12T03:32:35+00:00

    I am having the same issue. When opening a new blank word document I get the following error:

    A document is created in my work OneDrive and incremented by 1

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.4K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-03-07T13:06:53+00:00

    Your screen shot is unreadable. Perhaps if you captured just the error message box?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments