Sorry we couldn't find https //d.docs.live.net

Anonymous
2020-11-19T02:30:41+00:00

Im having an issue when creating a new word doc using Microsoft 365 Personal

Opening up the office 365 interface on my Laptop, i then select "Word" for the left side tab, select "Blank Template" and its at this point it get:

sorry we couldn't find https //d.docs.live.net/........../Document.docx. Is it possible that it was moved, renamed or deleted?

(All of my web searches come back with "Open" instead of "Find" when looking up this issue.)

It does however open up a word doc after clicking ok but my ocd is kicking in not knowing what this is about. If i repeat the above process a number of time, it leaves a document inside my onedrive folder and keeps incrementing. Document1.docx etc.

Word and PowerPoint both have this error but Excel opens fine.

Im running windows 10 latest version, 

Can anyone please help?

Cheers

Shane

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-10T20:34:57+00:00

    This isn't a solution but what I've found is if I just click the Ok to dismiss the error, I can then click File, Open, then click my OneDrive - Personal location, then scroll down and I see the "Document 10" that it created. You can also sort the list by Date Modified to have the newest files at the top.

    I'm sure this will get fixed eventually.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-06-01T16:22:14+00:00

    Is this happening in the Office app? Personally, I would ditch it and use the locally installed Office programs (Word, Excel etc.) directly.

    That said, you should be able to send feedback from within the affected app. Of course, since the Office app is free, it may have low priority. :-(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-01T14:47:00+00:00

    Nope. Microsoft has not figured out a fix for this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-01T11:23:25+00:00

    Yeah I saw the remedy of deactivating One Drive. However I feel like that’s too much of a hassle. I didn’t know if someone got a “true” solve to this issue but it seems like people are just bypassing it. It’s fine, I’ll just open my word documents the way that was mentioned to not receive that error message. As long as this doesn’t negatively affect my computer somehow which it seems to me it’s just a stupid glitch, I think I’ll be alright. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-01T10:14:32+00:00

    I'm having the same issue. The number just keeps increasing every time I create a new Word document. It's very annoying. I just purchased a brand new laptop along with a Microsoft 365 Key. Anyone solve the issue???

    Hello JermInator88

    If you scroll back to page-2 of this thread, Stefan Blom has kindly provided a workaround. Also the last post on that page, he has detailed how to leave feedback direct to MS.

    Personally I am quite dismayed as to how they could create such a clumsy error. OK, if this was 1985, no one would care but it's 2021 and we customers deserve better.

    Worst still, the bug is still here after several updates and at least half a year elapsed.

    I wonder what percentage of their customers are affected?

    Let us know how you get on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments