Onenote sync issue error E000283C

Anonymous
2020-04-20T01:44:48+00:00

Hi,

I am continually having sync issues between my 2 Windows 10 computer and mt ipad using Onenote. This has been working fine until last night. The iPad contains the latest changes to one particular notebook and when I try to sync shows an error message " Onenote can't sync your notes at the moment. We'll keep trying' with a code E000283C. Both Windows 10 apps show that the notebook is saved offline and that the computer doesn't appear connected to the internet. Well they ARE connected to the internet and when I try to access the notebooks online they are very slow to load up but eventually get there.

 I have checked the service status page with no faults showing and my onedrive syncs fine so I am assuming that the Microsoft service is at fault here. I have read elsewhere not to log out of the account if there are changes pending as they will be lost but I need to get this resolved.

Regards

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-19T02:36:18+00:00

    And then miraculously back to normal on May 19. But another incident like this and I am going back to Evernote!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-18T18:10:21+00:00

    Same problem as well

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-18T17:07:35+00:00

    I see the same issue as specified above and it started all of a sudden on 16 may 2020, until 15th may, it was working very much fine.

    I'm experiencing the same problem since 19/5/20, all my notebooks were inaccessible and I have lessons tmr. 

    Same for me from May 18 across all platforms: windows 10, ipad and web app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-18T16:46:56+00:00

    I see the same issue as specified above and it started all of a sudden on 16 may 2020, until 15th may, it was working very much fine.

    I'm experiencing the same problem since 19/5/20, all my notebooks were inaccessible and I have lessons tmr.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-18T14:11:44+00:00

    I see the same issue as specified above and it started all of a suddent on 16 may 2020, until 15th may, it was working very much fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments