Error when trying to open email account

Anonymous
2020-04-19T15:36:32+00:00

It says:

"We couldn't find a mailbox for this recipient. Either they don't have a mailbox or don't have a license assigned."

The error details are:

cId: 6F2CB12A363246708FCE9BF04F6C35E9
app: Mail
st: 500
reqid: null
wsver: 15.20.2921.29
efe: BY5PR04CA0012
ebe: BYAPR14MB3191
et: ServerError
esrc: SessionData
err: Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa2.Server.Core.OwaUserHasNoMailboxAndNoLicenseAssignedException
estack: Error: 500
    at https://outlook.office.com/mail/:346:12590
    at https://outlook.office.com/mail/:346:12648
    at async Promise.all (index 0)
ts: 2020-04-19 15:31:44Z
Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-04-21T14:38:49+00:00

Hi All,

I want to let you that this is a Global server side issue and the Service Health Dashboard has indicated that incident EX209929 has been resolved as of: Tuesday, April 21, 2020, at 6:40 AM UTC. If you are still experiencing an issue, please let us know by posting a new thread in our forum as this may indicate either a scoping issue or an independent problem so that our engineers can be designated to further assist you.

Regards,

Regards,

Rick

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-04-19T16:55:35+00:00

Hello Enrique,

Based on the error message you provided, the root cause is that you don’t have an Exchange Online license so that you cannot sign in Outlook Web App(OWA). May I know if you are the Office 365 Global Admin? If not, please contact the admins to assign you an Exchange Online license. Meanwhile, please also make sure it is not expired.

You can provide the following article to admins for reference: Assign licenses to users

Regards,

Rick

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-21T00:58:37+00:00

    I'm a student, so I do not have access to the "admin" side. How do I fix this? I need my email to work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-21T00:57:29+00:00

    I am also getting an error with my work email:

    :-(

    Something went wrong

    An unexpected error occurred and your request couldn't be handled.

    cId: 3D6E3948EF14492495C446024CDEB104
    app: Mail
    st: 500
    reqid: null
    wsver: 15.20.2921.30
    efe: DM5PR07CA0029, SN6PR04CA0083
    ebe: DM6PR01MB3836
    et: ServerError
    esrc: SessionData
    err: System.NullReferenceException
    estack: Error: 500
    

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-21T00:52:22+00:00

    Same here. At least it's good to know I'm not the only one; none of my peers are having difficulties. My email is a university one, so not sure what I can even do on my end.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments