Error when trying to open email account

Anonymous
2020-04-19T15:36:32+00:00

It says:

"We couldn't find a mailbox for this recipient. Either they don't have a mailbox or don't have a license assigned."

The error details are:

cId: 6F2CB12A363246708FCE9BF04F6C35E9
app: Mail
st: 500
reqid: null
wsver: 15.20.2921.29
efe: BY5PR04CA0012
ebe: BYAPR14MB3191
et: ServerError
esrc: SessionData
err: Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa2.Server.Core.OwaUserHasNoMailboxAndNoLicenseAssignedException
estack: Error: 500
    at https://outlook.office.com/mail/:346:12590
    at https://outlook.office.com/mail/:346:12648
    at async Promise.all (index 0)
ts: 2020-04-19 15:31:44Z
Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-04-21T14:38:49+00:00

Hi All,

I want to let you that this is a Global server side issue and the Service Health Dashboard has indicated that incident EX209929 has been resolved as of: Tuesday, April 21, 2020, at 6:40 AM UTC. If you are still experiencing an issue, please let us know by posting a new thread in our forum as this may indicate either a scoping issue or an independent problem so that our engineers can be designated to further assist you.

Regards,

Regards,

Rick

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-04-19T16:55:35+00:00

Hello Enrique,

Based on the error message you provided, the root cause is that you don’t have an Exchange Online license so that you cannot sign in Outlook Web App(OWA). May I know if you are the Office 365 Global Admin? If not, please contact the admins to assign you an Exchange Online license. Meanwhile, please also make sure it is not expired.

You can provide the following article to admins for reference: Assign licenses to users

Regards,

Rick

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-21T00:37:46+00:00

    Hi All,

    I also have a user reporting this issue. I luckily searching one of the strings in the error message brought up this recent thread.

    No service health issues, no licensing issues, not a browser issue, I checked, I am admin. I also took a look that it wasn't the local workstation and I cannot log in on my workstation also with the same error message. I also checked if it will still load in outlook, and theres no problem with the outlook client. Problem is because of quarantine, users are all at home so they have to use the OWA.

    I'll keep checking this thread but I can't seem to figure out why only this specific user is having this issue. The client has like 100 other users and I haven't heard a peep.

    cId: 2535A8DE0DF548CFB03F79164E474DA0
    app: Mail
    st: 500
    reqid: null
    wsver: 15.20.2921.29
    efe: BY3PR10CA0015
    ebe: BYAPR15MB2390
    et: ServerError
    esrc: SessionData
    err: System.NullReferenceException
    estack: y/</</</<@https://outlook.office.com/mail/?bO=1&sessionId=e9d79938-9ae7-4bb2-bc60-5adc96177ffb:346:12590
    y/</</<@https://outlook.office.com/mail/?bO=1&sessionId=e9d79938-9ae7-4bb2-bc60-5adc96177ffb:346:12648
    
    ts: 2020-04-21 00:29:46Z
    

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-21T00:31:35+00:00

    Same thing...Office 365 thru Godaddy....worked fine a few hours agocId: AFD901EF890647AEA121548FDDFB69A9 app: Mail st: 500 reqid: null wsver: 15.20.2921.29 efe: BN6PR12CA0028 ebe: BN8PR01MB5700 et: ServerError esrc: SessionData err: System.NullReferenceException estack: y/</</</<@https://outlook.office365.com/mail/?bO=1&sessionId=e5f4920a-e7fc-49c1-be32-9b5f0714c116:346:12590 y/</</<@https://outlook.office365.com/mail/?bO=1&sessionId=e5f4920a-e7fc-49c1-be32-9b5f0714c116:346:12648

    ts: 2020-04-21 00:20:47Z
    

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments