A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
This solved the problem for me! I was having the same issue with my new iPad Air 5 with Logitech keyboard. Thank you.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello. I am using an iPad Pro with an external Magic Keyboard, and I came to notice (quite quickly) that on the Microsoft Office suite the spacebar is not working when pressed/clicked on the keyboard. So, I come to ask, is there a way to solve this? Because currently it is kind of useless to use Word/OneNote and not be able to press the spacebar and have a space between words.
I think its possible that the problem is present since the Magic Keyboard is brand new hardware and Microsoft Office Suite may not recognize it yet. And it is a big deal and problem for note taking or word processing in general.
EDIT: Spacebar works properly only when pressing Option + Spacebar, quite annoying to have to do a command just to correctly use the spacebar, seems like a bug to me.
The problem is present on an iPad Pro 2020 11” with the Apple Magic Keybard (Spanish - ISO) running iPad OS 13.4.1and the latest OneNote/Word version.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This solved the problem for me! I was having the same issue with my new iPad Air 5 with Logitech keyboard. Thank you.
Ch’ello!
I had the same issue with my use of the space bar while using One Note. After playing around with a few keyboard settings on both my MacBook (Monterey v12.4) and iPad (v15.5) I was able to prevent the space bar from focusing on Search; but I still had to use the Shift key to get a space in text. Then I found something that fixed it.
My Fix:
In your iPad settings go to Accessibility>Keyboards>Full Access Keyboards (on)>Commands. Scroll down in the Commands modal until you see the Interaction section (3rd from the top). The first listed command is ‘Activate’. I had an active command in there; so I just cleared the keyboard assignment and ¡voila! FIXED