Office 2007 Validation Error "0x80240023"

Anonymous
2020-06-10T16:05:52+00:00

Greetings,

I own Office 2007.  I realize that support is no longer provided for this version of office.  I am not interested in Office 365, and see no value in upgrading.  I paid for my license, and I would like to be able to continue working with it. 

I recently refreshed my Windows10 installation, and of course Office was one of the apps that did not persist.  When I try to do Windows Update, I receive error "0x80240023" because the download page is no longer valid.

How do I clear this error in Windows Update so that I can at least have the last patches available for my Office install?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-06-10T16:31:11+00:00

Review the win update settings to remove the Office update, though it should not have been present in the first place.

You wont have any Office 2007 updates as they were removed from MS Site in late 2014 when 2007 went out of support, so your Office install will be as per that installed version file/cd date

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-05T02:15:27+00:00

    This fixed my problem. Downloaded the file and ran the update and my 0x80240023 error went away and Update started workong properly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-17T02:03:50+00:00

    hi sir can you please fix the error on office 7 please thank yiu

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-17T12:08:04+00:00

    Leuk allemaal bij Microsoft ik heb ook een licentie voor Office 2007 en nu zouden we heb niet meer kunnen gebruiken  ik vind het een beetje veel belazeren van Microsoft het zijn gewoon geld wolven bij Microsoft ja sorry **** !! Ik vind dat Microsoft met een oplossing moet komen ja ik weet die oplossing is er maar ik moet alleen 150€ per jaar betalen is dat de oplossing van Microsoft ????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-15T18:19:44+00:00

    Review the win update settings to remove the Office update, though it should not have been present in the first place.

    You wont have any Office 2007 updates as they were removed from MS Site in late 2014 when 2007 went out of support, so your Office install will be as per that installed version file/cd date

    So how do we get rid of the error when windows does an update?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments