Office 2007 Validation Error "0x80240023"

Anonymous
2020-06-10T16:05:52+00:00

Greetings,

I own Office 2007.  I realize that support is no longer provided for this version of office.  I am not interested in Office 365, and see no value in upgrading.  I paid for my license, and I would like to be able to continue working with it. 

I recently refreshed my Windows10 installation, and of course Office was one of the apps that did not persist.  When I try to do Windows Update, I receive error "0x80240023" because the download page is no longer valid.

How do I clear this error in Windows Update so that I can at least have the last patches available for my Office install?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-06-10T16:31:11+00:00

Review the win update settings to remove the Office update, though it should not have been present in the first place.

You wont have any Office 2007 updates as they were removed from MS Site in late 2014 when 2007 went out of support, so your Office install will be as per that installed version file/cd date

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-29T14:33:31+00:00

    Review the win update settings to remove the Office update, though it should not have been present in the first place.

    You wont have any Office 2007 updates as they were removed from MS Site in late 2014 when 2007 went out of support, so your Office install will be as per that installed version file/cd date

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-06T15:30:48+00:00

    How exactly do I "Review the win update settings to remove the Office update"?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-06T21:21:40+00:00

    Look, don't listen to all the other nonsense. Office 2007 will still be fully updated by Windows Update with all the existing Microsoft Updates. even though its out of support life.

    For anybody, all that you need to do is the following.

    1. Install Windows 10.
    2. Allow Windows 10 to install all of its Windows updates through Windows Update. 
    3. Install Office 2007 (or any Microsoft office for that matter).
    4. Run Word or Excel and chose the option to allow Office updates through Windows Update.

    5 Run Windows Update again

    1. You may have to run Windows Update a second time to get all the updates for Office

    7 When you get the "Office 2007 File Validation Error 0x80240023" error,  just let the computer sit powered on and connected to the internet for several hours, Over nights always works.

    1. The File Validation update will install by itself, after several hours, you will come back and be asked to continue and accept the update.
    2. THATS IT!! no other ****, just let it sit for a few hours and the failing update will install and the error will clear, and you will be good to go!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-25T19:32:10+00:00

    Troquei minha placa mãe em setembro de 2019 meu windows era o 7 mas já estava atualizado para 0 10pro.

    Aparecendo mensagens direto para ativar janelas.

    baixei o 10 versão 20H.

    Não consigo finalizar, ao iniciar e ir em configurações aparece o windows 10pro antigo.

    O que fazer?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments