Office 2007 Validation Error "0x80240023"

Anonymous
2020-06-10T16:05:52+00:00

Greetings,

I own Office 2007.  I realize that support is no longer provided for this version of office.  I am not interested in Office 365, and see no value in upgrading.  I paid for my license, and I would like to be able to continue working with it. 

I recently refreshed my Windows10 installation, and of course Office was one of the apps that did not persist.  When I try to do Windows Update, I receive error "0x80240023" because the download page is no longer valid.

How do I clear this error in Windows Update so that I can at least have the last patches available for my Office install?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-06-10T16:31:11+00:00

Review the win update settings to remove the Office update, though it should not have been present in the first place.

You wont have any Office 2007 updates as they were removed from MS Site in late 2014 when 2007 went out of support, so your Office install will be as per that installed version file/cd date

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-12T12:40:38+00:00

    Microsoft is no longer downloading the Office Validation add-in tool. But you can get the stand-alone OFV Installer from various websites(be wary of virus). The file is ofv.exe. Install Office 2007 then before you run windows update install the ofv file then run win update and it will work perfectly. This is the site I found to download: Microsoft Office File Validation Add-In Download - Office File Validation is a security add-in for Office 2003 and 2007 (informer.com) In the middle of the page there isabutton that says: 'trusted Download 2.8mb', press that button. Don't press any other buttons on that site as it will give you Spyware. Good Luck, It worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-05T21:26:09+00:00

    can you please fix error 0x80240023

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-05T17:03:30+00:00

    Hi !

    I can confirm , that you just have to wait ( in my case one day ) and the problem disappair .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-24T22:44:16+00:00

    Guys I think I have a solution.

    If you are using MS Office 2007 or below you may come across with this update error.

    This is something related to Office File Validation Add-in (KB2501584).

    I searched MS support sites for this update but received nothing.

    After searching many sources I found "Office File Validation Add-in" published by MicroSoft.

    I will provide the link here. after installing this I got 2 more updates and the update error is gone and my system is up to date.

    Here's the Link!

    MS Office File Validation Add-In

    Note: MS Office 2010 users may not require this, I think !

    Let me Know if this helped You !

    Hello everyone that had or still have the Office File Validation Add-in Error code 0x80240023  (KB2501584).

     

    Today is March 16, 2021, and I've just solved my problem with the Office File Validation Add-in Error.

    Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I had never had a problem with this item, but last week I had to restore Windows (I used the 'keep my files & etc.' option) so this problem appeared when I started updating system. 

    I kept getting this Error code with every Windows Update run, so I searched MS site which offered the 'hide method', but I wanted it fixed so I googled it and among others chose this link FIX: Error 0x80240023 in Windows 10 Update (Solved) • Repair Windows™  which I found very helpful because aside from the said 'hide method' as was suggested somewhere at the beginning of this thread, it offered to install the missing file as a way of handling it, as I was interested in. So I went for option 1 of this link and so far it worked fine. I ran Windows Update twice now and everything is safe & sound on my computer. 

    I hope this is still helpful for anyone who find their selves in the same situation.

    Here is a print-screen of the link's first piece of information. I also pasted a summary of the instructions steps which I printed to make it easier for me. 

    I hope it helps you! 

    Image

    MY COPY:

    Method 1. Install Manually the Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in.

    1. Open Windows Explorer & navigate to the following folder: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution

     

    1. In the search bar type OFV.CAB and press Enter.

     

    3. Copy the OFV.CAB file to your Desktop or to your Download location (if two or more OFV.CAB files are found in the results, copy any of them it’s the same file).

     

    1. Navigate to the location where you copied the OFV.CAB file and extract its contents.

     

    1. Double-click at extracted OFV.msi file to install the Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in for Office 2007 manually.

     

    1. Ask Yes at 'User Account Control' window.

     

    1. When the installation is completed, go to Windows Update and click Retry.

     

    1. That's it! This time Windows will check and install all available updates without displaying the error 0x80240023.
    2. If everything is OK, delete the OFV.CAB and the OFV.MSI files from where you copied them

    (e.g. your Desktop), and continue your job.

    Greetings form Bs.As.

    Sylvia

    that solution fixed the problem.  Thx!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments