Office 2007 Validation Error "0x80240023"

Anonymous
2020-06-10T16:05:52+00:00

Greetings,

I own Office 2007.  I realize that support is no longer provided for this version of office.  I am not interested in Office 365, and see no value in upgrading.  I paid for my license, and I would like to be able to continue working with it. 

I recently refreshed my Windows10 installation, and of course Office was one of the apps that did not persist.  When I try to do Windows Update, I receive error "0x80240023" because the download page is no longer valid.

How do I clear this error in Windows Update so that I can at least have the last patches available for my Office install?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-06-10T16:31:11+00:00

Review the win update settings to remove the Office update, though it should not have been present in the first place.

You wont have any Office 2007 updates as they were removed from MS Site in late 2014 when 2007 went out of support, so your Office install will be as per that installed version file/cd date

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-19T18:56:34+00:00

    I too have this problem.

    Seems like error related to KB2501584.

    Does anyone have a new solution other than listed here?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-07T18:12:18+00:00

    The same utility allows you to un-hide updates that are hidden or you have set as hidden

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-07T15:59:15+00:00

    So I was able to find a work around for this problem. 

    To prevent the problem MS Office File Validation update (KB2501584) from being reinstalled by Windows Update, use the “Show or Hide Updates” troubleshooter to hide it. Window Update won’t install hidden drivers or updates.

    Download the troubleshooter from the Microsoft Download Center:   http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f22d5fdb-59cd-4275-8c95-1be17bf70b21/wushowhide.diagcab

    When you click the download link, you're prompted to open or save wushowhide.diagcab. I would suggest saving it because it doesn't get "installed". Then you can run the tool and "Hide" the problem download. This allows all the other updates to proceed without error.

    Hello LA16 Sorry to Bug you Again  ....but what if I  want to undo these steps .....  like is there a way to go back / revert back...like the procedure shows how to "hide" the problem download...what if i want to bring back later in the hopes that there could be a fix from microsoft ?

    if so could you kindly tell me the steps ?

    awaiting your kind response 

    Thank you  !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-07T12:28:43+00:00

    THANK YOU SO MUCH LA16 - YOUR SOLUTION /  HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED, IT SOLVED MY PROBLEM...... IT REALLY HELPS  in forums like these WHEN PEOPLE SPEAK/COMMUNICATE in  "PURE ENGLISH"

    Stay Safe, Eat only Home Food, & Live Longer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments